About Me

My photo
Ironton, Ohio, United States
Well let's see, I'm Mom to Victoria and Mitchell, wife to Dick; I'm special to all three, who are special to me,and that makes me the Luckiest Person on Earth. Victoria is married to Andew Knipp. I love being a mother-in-law. Hope he loves his mother-in-law. I love the comfort of being home. I'm blessed with a huge craft room, and an endless desire to create. One of my favorite things in this life is meeting people. I have the gift of gab, and can talk to most anyone. God has truly blessed me.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

BLOOM where you are planted!


Bloom Where You Are Planted!

Today, the sun is actually shining on the Southern Tip of Ohio! It is not raining...Yet. That’s right...I say YET. It is suppose to rain today again, as it has every day for the last several. I guess it is the rain that makes everything pretty and green and gives us all the beautiful spring colors. Okay, we can take the rain in exchange for that.

Today, I’m posting a card that is all about the spring, whether it be spring of the seasons or the spring that blooms in a person. All the paper, except for the designed paper, is SU. The butterfly is made with vellum, cut twice, and made using a pearl headed stick pin in pink, pearl, green & blue beads. The bloom stamp is from the Michael’s $1.00 stamp bin. Not sure where the flowers came from. I have way too many flowers in my flower draw to even figure out where they all came from. I used the half circle punch and ticket punches making this card, too.

Hope you enjoy my Saturday post. I’m off now to do some necessary things outside, while it is not raining. My solar cover needs cleaned so I can put it on the pool and get the water warm. They are predicting 80 degrees here for next weekend, which sounds wonderful. My daughter turns 18 next Monday, Memorial Day, the 26th. It has gone so fast, and I figure I am going to have a rough week handling this. Keep me in your prayers! Okay, go out and enjoy the day. Take advantage of the sun and a day off. Thank you for stopping by, and do it again, please!

Toota-loo,
Karen

1 comment:

Tess said...

Hi Karen,

I love this card. How did you make the butterfly. It is beautiful.