About Me

My photo
Ironton, Ohio, United States
Well let's see, I'm Mom to Victoria and Mitchell, wife to Dick; I'm special to all three, who are special to me,and that makes me the Luckiest Person on Earth. Victoria is married to Andew Knipp. I love being a mother-in-law. Hope he loves his mother-in-law. I love the comfort of being home. I'm blessed with a huge craft room, and an endless desire to create. One of my favorite things in this life is meeting people. I have the gift of gab, and can talk to most anyone. God has truly blessed me.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Just a Little Note - Card for the Day

Hi All!

The card I made this time was using a new set of stamps from SU called A Kind Word. As you know from viewing my blog, I love people stamps. I chose to use purple on this card, which seems to be a color that has been popular with me lately, and yellow seems to always go with it as well. I used the top note die, cutting out two, one in yellow and one in the polka-dot darker purple. I cut the darker purple top note in half and only used the top half under the card. Just for something different. I went around the whole yellow top note design with the piercer. I stamped Just A Note, punched it with an oval punch and dabbed purple around the edges. Then, using a larger punch put the darker polka-dot purple behind that, and two brads to hold it together. Used plain white cardstock with a scalloped edge across the center of the card under the design, and prima flowers with colored brads as embellishments. Couldn’t find a challenge I thought this might fit, but this is the card I came up with and wanted to post it.

Enjoying this day. It isn’t as warm as it was a few days this past week, but the birds have been singing all day. Last night there were frogs every where. My kids were complaining about being able to sleep because of the loud frogs. There is a pond just over the hill from our house and you can here all the frogs from there as well. Every time a little bird starts singing, I pause for a moment until I realize it is a bird. The alarm on my cell phone, which I use quite often, is almost the same sound as those birds. It kind of cracks me up. I’m going to have to change the alarm sound, if that is possible.

I have spent days looking online for a tiller to buy. Last year I put in a small garden. My husband was afraid that I would put it in and not keep up with it, but I surprised him and did, and he loved it. I think he may have enjoyed it as much as I did. My Dad tilled the garden for me last year. I hated to buy one and possibly decide I didn’t want to garden after all. Now, since I am going to keep up gardening, I either need to buy one or rent one, which I am considering for now. My husband says to buy one, because we will use it. What am I thinking, it is a tool and he is a guy. It will get used, but probably not much. I guess it is better to have it than to not. Anyway, that is something I’m in the market for. I want to put in a few potatoes this year to see how they do. Did you know that according to the bible, you should not plant your garden in the same place for seven years? The soil needs to rest. You can plant your garden in the same spot for six years, but in the seventh year you need to let the soil rest. That year you need to put your garden in another spot. That is Old Testament teaching. It is a health law. A lot of people think they don’t apply today, but Jesus states that He did not come to change the law but to fulfil it. We don’t eat pork, shrimp, catfish, anything mentioned in Leviticus 11. This isn’t something that every one follows and it is according to your own conviction. I do wonder if planting every year in the same spot isn’t why we get E-coli in vegetables, and even some of the other contaminations. It is just my thinking. God has never led us wrong or lied to us. He wouldn’t, He loves us.

Well, didn’t mean to blah, blah, blah, just got off onto something, like I have a tendency to do. I want to thank you for stopping by, and hope you do again. Have a great weekend and Happy Stamping!

Toota-loo,
Karen

No comments: