About Me

My photo
Ironton, Ohio, United States
Well let's see, I'm Mom to Victoria and Mitchell, wife to Dick; I'm special to all three, who are special to me,and that makes me the Luckiest Person on Earth. Victoria is married to Andew Knipp. I love being a mother-in-law. Hope he loves his mother-in-law. I love the comfort of being home. I'm blessed with a huge craft room, and an endless desire to create. One of my favorite things in this life is meeting people. I have the gift of gab, and can talk to most anyone. God has truly blessed me.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Petal Card for The Sugar Bowl Challenge



Hi All!

I saw this petal card on another blog while surfing the other day. I thought I would give it a try. Since it is so cute, I thought it would be a nice shape for something different for a Mother’s Day Card. My family is so use to getting my normal shaped card, that this is good for a change.

I have tied a ribbon around it to hold it closed, and the ribbon actually will just slip off. You don’t have to untie it. I like that. Won’t mess up the bow. I have a time doing that anyway. I used a bling paper with a shine to it, and the prettiest paper with butterflies on it. Don’t know who made either one of them. Inside there is Daisy Sugar Nellie. She is so adorable. My Mom’s favorite color is purple. The sentiment says, "For all you have done, and continue to do,
Happy Mother’s Day to you!" I don’t do mushy poems well. Daisy is colored with watercolor pencils. I used a gel pen on the dots on her white shirt.

Enjoyed making this card. I so hope I win my chance to choose a set on the Sugar Bowl Challenge. I would pick Gorjuss Girls #2. I love the #1 I already have. The cutest stamps.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope you do so often. Enjoy your day, and Happy Stamping!

Toota-loo,
Karen

1 comment:

leslie said...

This card caught my eye on SCS. VERY nice. Did you make your own template?