About Me

My photo
Ironton, Ohio, United States
Well let's see, I'm Mom to Victoria and Mitchell, wife to Dick; I'm special to all three, who are special to me,and that makes me the Luckiest Person on Earth. Victoria is married to Andew Knipp. I love being a mother-in-law. Hope he loves his mother-in-law. I love the comfort of being home. I'm blessed with a huge craft room, and an endless desire to create. One of my favorite things in this life is meeting people. I have the gift of gab, and can talk to most anyone. God has truly blessed me.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cute Little Tags or Ornaments!


Using my Hanglar Stanglar Stamp, I used shrinky dink sheets and stamped the image. I colored it with SU & Primsacolor watercolor pencils. I stamped the Whipper Snapper Snow Angel image and colored it as well. I then cut a 12" sheet x 1-1/2" piece of paper & folded it about 1/4-1/2" back and forth. Like the fans we use to make when we were in grade school. I then connected the ends and made it a circle. I punched out small circles where I laid over the center of the circle to help hold it in place. I baked the images and using circle and scallop circle punches, layered the papers, different in colors, as you can see from the picture. On top of the punched circles, I placed the shrunken images. I then placed eyelets on the top part of the tags/ornaments and put string & ribbon through each. This is to place them on either the tree or a package. You could use these to cover any occasion, such as weddings, birthdays, etc. I will need to make up a few for such occasions. They seem simple to make, but I sure did have a tough time keeping that fan-like strip from popping up on the edges. Cut your circles before you go to connect the ends. Make sure you use the good adhesive for the end. Then, I used glue on the back of my punched circle, to lay on the center of the tag. I layed a punch on top of mine to keep it down while it dried. They are fun to make, and I will be making them with different images.

I’m so happy you stopped by. I hope you will come back often. Have a very nice day! Happy Stamping!

Toota-loo,
Karen

No comments: